The Vietnam Center and Archive
About the VNCA
News and Events
- Reminder: Astronaut Mike Mullane Lecture this Thursday
- Astronaut and Vietnam Veteran Mike Mullane will be speaking this Thursday at 7:00pm in the Lanier Auditorium of the Texas Tech School of Law. Admission is free and open to the public. The mission of the Vietnam Center and Archive Guest Lecture... (full article)
- Added: November 18, 2013
- Veterans Day 2013
The staff of the Vietnam Center and Archive would like say Thank You to all veterans, their families, friends, and loved ones for their service.
Veterans Day Events: The Vietnam Center...(full article)
- Added: November 11, 2013
- The Guest Lecture Series Presents Astronaut Mike Mullane
- The Vietnam Center and Archive is proud to present Astronaut and Vietnam War Veteran Mike Mullane on Thursday, November 21st at 7:00pm in the Lanier Auditorium of the Texas Tech University School of Law. The lecture is free and open to the... (full article)
- Added: November 7, 2013
Astronaut Mike Mullane, November 21, 2013
A 1967 graduate of West Point, Mullane was commissioned in the USAF and served as a Weapon Systems Operator aboard an RF-4C Phantom, completing 150 combat missions in Vietnam. In 1978 he was selected as a Mission Specialist for the first group of Space Shuttle Astronauts. He completed three space missions and logged 356 hours in space before retiring in 1990.
The Orderly Departure Program
This three year projected, funded by the National Historical Publications and Records Commission (NHPRC), is projected to make available online 250,000 pages of materials documenting the immigration experience of Vietnamese to the United States following the end of the war in Vietnam. The records are from the Orderly Departure Program (ODP) files of the Families of Vietnamese Political Prisoners Association / Vietnamese American Heritage Project Collection.
Honoring Texas Tech Graduates
Techsans in the Vietnam War is a program dedicated to honoring or memorializing Texas Tech grads who served in the Vietnam War and contains pages dedicated to these brave men and women. Each page features a short biography of the honoree and, if available, a photograph and supporting documentation about the honoree.
The diaries of Dr. Dang Thuy Tram, a North Vietnamese doctor killed during the Vietnam War, we recovered by a US Army Soldier, Fred Whitehurst, and brought to the Vietnam Center and Archive in 2005.
The United States of America Vietnam War Commemoration is a program to honor and pay tribute to Vietnam Veterans and their families during the 50th Anniversary of the war. The commemoration program will consist of a series of events and activities over the course of several years and spread across the country.
The Texas Capitol Vietnam Veterans Monument will honor every Texan who served our country during the Vietnam War. It will stand as a permanent reminder of the service and sacrifice of all Texas Vietnam Veterans and will promote education today and for future generations so visitors never forget their courage, dedication, and bravery.
Projects and Resources
- Researching in the Collections
- Digital Materials
- Contact Information
- Purchasing Copies of Materials
- Subject Guides
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Book Catalog
- Reference Request Form
- Contact Information
- Hours of Operation
- Copyright Statement
- Links to Other Resources